Long Blue Line News
Alum Danielle Allphin ’06, personal banker at People’s Bank, presented on Thursday, October 2nd to over 20 students wrapping up our CashCourse Lunch sessions for the fall semester. Danielle presented “Banking for Young Adults” which covered managing a checking account, tips for saving, paying off debt and how to build and maintain good credit.
As a part of the ongoing effort to bring Marietta College programming to New England on a more consistent basis, some very dedicated members of The Long Blue Line gathered in Plymouth for some socializing and fun at the East Bay Grille after work. Among those present were Nona Bryant, Heather DiPaolo, Sandra Sutherland, Lynn Levine, Lynne Turner, Michael Turner, Thomas Brayer, Colleen Briggs and Alumni Trustee Elliott Thrasher '62.
More than a hundred proud Pioneers participated in the recent golfing event in Houston. Open to all Marietta College alumni, friends, and parents in the region, the annual gathering drew loyal members of The Long Blue Line from as far away as Dallas. Stay tuned for information on the upcoming Happy Hour in Houston at the Karbach Brewing company set for November 11!
The end of summer is in the air, students are moving onto campus and Homecoming is just around the corner.
Check your mailbox soon for the 2014 Homecoming brochure...or take a look and download a copy now!
- Brady, O'Hair named Homecoming king and queen
- Campus ready for alumni to return for Homecoming 2014
- Marietta ranked among ‘Best for your Money’
- MCAA announces 2014 award winners
- Marietta remains one of the best in the Midwest in U.S. News rankings
- Cherishing Home: Fryfogles find a piece of Marietta in Houston
- Incoming freshmen follow in their parents’ footsteps
- New students learn about Marietta traditions at Matriculation